Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Oh dear

There is no denying that Ian is my sensitive child and Isabelle is a little more, well...tough, I guess. But, I had to laugh at a conversation that I overheard yesterday.

We had a couple friends over to play after school. All of the kids were upstairs playing with the buckets full of costumes and dress up stuff.

Here is how the conversation went:
Renna: Ian! Isabelle hit me with her pom-pom!
Ian: Isabelle is tough, man! I mean, you can punch her and she doesn't even cry!

This was followed by a short silence. I was sitting downstairs listening to this, horrified! But I also couldn't help but laugh just a little bit. I mean, really! How would he know how tough she was? It sounds like he just incriminated himself!

I did go up and clarify that we don't ever hit anyone! But I am still chuckling at the conversation! Oh, the things that come out of the mouths of children!!!

1 comment:

asnipofgoodness said...

We have a "tough" girl too, but then the littlest thing can bring her to tears. Your blog is great, and it looks like you might live somewhere near me! Glad I found you!