Tuesday, September 4, 2007

The big day!

It seems that we have been waiting for this day for a very long time, and yet it managed to sneak up on us suddenly. This morning felt like any other morning at our house, and yet it was completely different. You see, my kids grew up a little bit while they were sleeping last night. It caught me by surprise this morning.
Actually I started to see it coming last night. Those of you that know my husband know that he likes to joke around. He has always liked to joke with me about how quickly the kids are growing up. He knows it gets to me in a way that nothing else does. When the kids were only days old, he would say "He is almost one already!" The day after Isabelle turned two, he said, "She is almost three." Well, I think I got him back last night. Isabelle was giving him a very tight hug last night and he seemed to be enjoying it. I told him, "Hold on tight Daddy, she grows up tomorrow...I mean, she is practically married." He smacked my leg in disgust. How could I say such a thing. The bad part is that it has haunted me more since I said it than I think it will ever bother him.
So let me introduce you to these big kids that now live in our house!

This is Ian. He is five, going on 25. He sure thinks he has this world figured out! He is looking forward to having afternoon Kindergarten, because it will give him the opportunity to "practice" for school each morning before he goes. Ian is my emotionally sensitive one. He is a perfectionist, an engineer, an eager learner and has a beautiful heart. My prayer for him this year is that he will make many new friends, learn many lessons and that the light in his heart will shine brightly for all those that he encounters!

This is Isabelle. She is 2...going on 13. She is girly girl through and through. She loves shoes, purses, and phones, but also enjoys jumping right in to play Transformers with Ian. She loves her big brother more than anything else. She tries to do everything just like him. She is my independant child. She enjoys having her bubble of personal space around her. She doesn't know the meaning of "can't." She is willing to try anything. My prayer for her this year is that she will make new friends, learn all that she can and that she will share her love and smile with everyone around her!

1 comment:

Marcia Francois said...

They are gorgeous! And i love how you wrote about their precious personalities

Organising queen
Marcia's take charge blog and

Beaded bookmarks by Marcia