Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Bottles Up!

Both Ian and Isabelle were exclusively breastfed as infants. Ian refused to take a bottle and Isabelle had to take one for one week while I battled an infection when she was only a couple weeks old...but she didn't like it one bit. So, this time around, we decided that it was necessary to be a little more aggressive with trying the bottle out with Isaac. I wanted to be able to have a little more freedom and to be able to let David share in this part of Isaac's life.

I gave Isaac a few bottles and he did quite well with it, so David decided to give it a try. I wish I would have gotten a picture of Isaac's face when David first put the bottle to his mouth. There was such a look of confusion! Why was Daddy putting something in his mouth?!? Once he caught on, he took the bottle even better than he had taken it from me! Hooray!

No comments: