Wednesday, July 23, 2008

4th of July

I am the first to admit that I am behind. Here we are at the end of the month and I am finally posting about the 4th! But better late than never, right?

Well, let me start by saying that I hate goodbyes. I HATE them. I am not sure that hate is a strong enough word. I don't handle them well. I never have and I am not sure that I ever will. So, even though we were so excited about our new house in SC, even though the kids were excited about the adventure, even though we knew that God had prepared a new place for us and was leading us there, it meant we had to say goodbyes. The last two days in VA were awful! We had to make our rounds, saying goodbyes. It is one thing when I just have to say goodbye, but when I have to watch my kids deal with the same emotions that I am, I just lose it!!!

When we moved to VA Ian was almost two and Isabelle wasn't even born. That is when we started hanging out with our best buddies! These kids have grown up together (I know I have told you this before, but deal with it...it is my blog and I can write what I want!)They are more like family than friends. Jayden and Ian love being together and Isabelle is destined to marry one of the boys! (We had her arranged to marry Kolby, but there are five boys in this family and I would be happy with any one of them!!!) So, separating the kids by a seven hour drive was not the easiest move.

Luckily, the morning that we were leaving VA, Mike and Deb let us know that they were going to bring the family down for the fourth of July in lieu of having birthday parties for the youngest two. That gave us three weeks from the time we left to be ready to host this family of eight! It was great motivation!

It was so much fun to be able to have them all at our house! The kids played and played and played!!! The screened porch was their favorite place to eat! On the fourth, we followed the same routine that we have with them. The dads hand out all the stuff to the kids. The driveway was covered in Pop-it paper!
A picture of Isabelle and Kolby...just because they are so cute!
When it started to get dark, David backed his truck into the vacant lot next to us so that we could give the kids a seat to see the show that was going on in the culdesac. You can tell by the way that they are looking out the side, the fireworks were going off all around us! I am so glad that we didn't battle the crowds to go out and see some big display, because we had quite a show all around us!
The visit was a good one...a lot of friends in one house means that there is a lot of fun to be had. Here is a glimpse of one side of our front door (because we don't wear shoes in the house).

Thanks for coming guys! We had a great time and we can't wait to see you again soon!

No comments: