Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Babies

One of the unfortunate parts about living so far from family is not getting to see my niece and nephew as often as I would like. In fact, this was the very first time that I had even met my niece, Adison. Isn't she cute?
We all met up together at Mom's hospital where my nephew, Hunter, was happy to act as our photographer. Here is Haaley, Adison, Jilienne, Tara and me.
While we were busy with our photo session, Mom was out in the hallway, tracking down a doctor that was willing to do a quick ultrasound for us. She found a fabulous doctor on the floor that was more than willing to oblige! Unfortunately, the machine that we were using didn't print pictures, but here is one that Jilienne was able to take of the screen:
For those of you that weren't there, let me explain the picture to you. It is a view of the top of his head. He is looking to the left. The white mass next to his head is his little fist and he was actually sucking his thumb. When the doctor told us that was what he was doing, I doubted him, because I have never had a thumb-sucker. But right when I said something, the baby took his hand out of his mouth and practically waved and then, very clearly, put his thumb back into his mouth. It was quite comical. It was a quick ultrasound, but it was fun for my mom and sisters to be able to be there and be a part of it! The next pictures we have of him should be much cuter and in color!

No comments: